This reading unit provides 86 word lists of vowel digraphs and vowel diphthongs syllable type words. Also, a master word list is included and can be used as a quick reference. A vowel digraph or vowel diphthong is one of the six types of syllables in reading. The lists in this unit include words spelled using vowel teams or vowel/consonant teams to create each vowel sound. These lists of words will help students recognize the vowel digraph or vowel diphthong patterns. Reading will become more manageable for students once they understand syllable types. These ready-made word lists can be used in the multiple ways:
• create your own reading and spelling activities
• for ABC order
• teach word families
• to complete word sorts
• develop more accurate and fluent readers
• read words for homework
• use for spelling lists
• quick reading assessments
• practice and re-teach reading skills
• supplement general education curriculum
• compare and contrast with other syllable types
• use at a word work station
• printed as a student booklet by clicking print, printer properties, and booklet
Students can self-assess themselves or others by coloring the correct smiley face as they read the list. Then at the bottom of each list, the student can write in the number of words they correctly read.
Note: This packet is strictly a packet of word lists. There are no games/activities included.