This reading unit provides 85 word lists of the Vowel-Consonant-e syllable type words. Also, a master list of all the words is included to be used as a quick reference. Vowel-Consonant-e syllable is one of the six types of syllables in reading. The lists in this unit include words spelled using each vowel in conjunction with common phonograms. These lists of words will help students recognize the common patterns seen in Vowel-Consonant-e syllable (V-C-e). Reading will become more manageable for students once they understand syllable types. The words on these ready-made lists can be used in the multiple ways:
• use for ABC order
• teach word families
• word sorts
• develop more accurate and fluent readers
• read words for homework
• use for spelling lists
• quick reading assessments
• practice and re-teach reading skills
• supplement general education curriculum
• compare and contrast with other syllable types
• use at a word work station
• can be printed as student booklet–click print, printer properties, and book
Students can self-assess themselves or others by coloring the correct smiley face as they read the list. Then at the bottom of each list, the student can write in the number of words they correctly read.
Note: This packet is strictly a packet of word lists. There are no games/activities included.